AIP (Autoimmune protcol) Diet in the Hot Logic
- dairy products (including raw)
- processed foods
- refined sugars
- industrial seed oils (vegetable or canola)
- nuts and seeds
- some vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, potatoes)
- alternative sweeteners
- food thickeners (modified food starch)
This list can seem very daunting as switching to any restrictive diet can be overwhelming leaving you to thin... What can I eat?
The AIP diet supports:
- Fermented foods as long as they do not contain dairy. (Dairy feeds yeast which often causes AIP issues or imbalances in the gut)
- Vinegar, as long as they do not have added sugar
- small portions of honey or maple syrup
So now that we have explained what you can or cannot eat on the AIP diet.. We promised some ideas for what to prep in the Hot Logic Mini.
One of my favorite chicken recipes is very simple. Add Salt, pepper, (make sure it is sugar free) and some natural honey. Spread the mix over the chicken, throw it in the Hot Logic raw with some fresh or frozen veggies. These pack a ton of flavor and the chicken comes out tender.
Frozen fish also heats up well in the Hot Logic without the fishy smell while cooking. Being able to eat fish for lunch or cook a piece of fish without the smell is fantastic!
Do you follow an AIP Protocol? Stay tuned for our follow up with one of our AIP experts and the release of her E Cookbook!