Some days when you come home from work, cooking or preparing a meal is the last thing on your mind and yesterday was one of those days. When I make dishes like this one, they are really just a "dump dish," grabbing what you can find and making something out of it.
You don't need much to make this dish but it turned out very flavorful and tender.
- Chicken breast
- Marinara sauce
- Seasoning: salt/pepper, Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Put the chicken in your cooking dish, I used the 6 cup Pyrex dish. I also used a meat mallet to tenderize the chicken but it is not necessary.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken. This almost filled my dish.
- Add mozzarella cheese on top. I added some of my own fresh oregano and thyme from my herb garden.
- Plug it in, set it and forget it! My dish cooked for a little over two hours. It came out so tender I could cut it with a fork.
(Warning) without a sealing lead, this could possibly leak if on the road.
I had three chicken breasts in this dish. When it was done I pulled them out with the cheese still melted over it. Although I did not serve it with anything else, this would be great on top of some zoodles or pasta.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!