Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
I did a post earlier about Emeals and decided to share some of my own experiences since signing up myself. I felt like I was getting in a cooking rut, making the same thing every week and losing creativity in the kitchen.
Since starting Emeals, I have been more than happy with the meals and easy shopping provided. All you do is select your meal plan and it gives you 7 days of meals to choose from. Pick what you want for the week and it gives you a shopping list. It is that easy.
This check recipe is very quick and easy to make, best of all, the left overs in the Hot Logic were even better!
- 3/4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Cut chicken in half crosswise, pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in a medium-high skillet with oil, cook 4-5 mins on each side or until the chicken nicely browns. When done, remove the chicken.
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds. Add cream, cheese, and basil. Bring to a boil, reduce heats and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Return chicken o skillet and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Emeals recommends this meal with a side of broccoli and cauliflower rice. I used to a bag of frozen "fried" cauliflower rice from Trader Joe's. It paired perfectly with this meal.
I doubled the amount of chicken to have left overs for lunch.
Have you tried a meal prep or delivery service? What works for you?
Share in the comments!