Ready to shop for ingredients to use in your HOTLOGIC®?
Before you head out to shop, we recommend also checking out our Tips and Tricks post for additional information about foods that work well.
What should I buy to cook from scratch?
Many meals that our users love are simple combinations of a favorite protein and vegetable, along with a prepared sauce or seasoning mix. If your diet allows for it, adding pre-cooked grains or pre-cooked pasta to your meat and vegetables makes for delicious results.
Items to add to your grocery list include:
Raw foods that can be cooked in your HOTLOGIC® like:
- Raw meats (chicken, fish, sausage; remember when cooking beef that it will heat to 165 degrees)
- Raw vegetables (like broccoli, green beans, peppers)
Ready cooked items like:
- Minute rice
- Pre-cooked pasta
- Other pre-cooked grains
Frozen items like:
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen meatballs
- Frozen chicken wings
- Frozen pasta like stuffed tortellini and ravioli
Seasonings and Sauces:
- Taco seasoning
- Salt-free seasoning blends
- Spice and herb blends
- Pasta sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Barbeque sauce
If you use fresh meat and vegetables, allow 1-2 hours for your meat to fully cook. If frozen, allow 2+ hours. And always use a meat thermometer to verify that meat has reached 165 degrees.
What frozen meals should I buy?
If you don’t want to create your own recipes, your HOTLOGIC® will heat up frozen meals beautifully. You can simply place the package right on the heating element while it is still in the box:
- If you have a Mini, look for individual frozen meals in packages that will fit the dimensions of your HOTLOGIC®.
- Family-sized frozen meals packaged to fit in our larger HOTLOGIC® are an easy way to make sure dinner is ready when you are.
No matter what size you have, there is no need to remove the meal from the box, vent, or stir. Once you’ve had a frozen meal cooked in a HOTLOGIC®, you won’t want to go back to the microwave again!
What should I avoid?
Some foods need to be pre-cooked before adding them to your HOTLOGIC®; avoid these raw items:
- Raw potatoes
- Raw carrots
- Raw pasta and rice
Other items to avoid include:
- Beef meant to be cooked to anything besides well-done
And, because your HOTLOGIC® will only heat to 165 degrees, you won’t be able to bake in it.
Happy shopping! (And if you have a recipe you love that you’d like to share with us, send us an email and you may be featured in future content).