We thoughtfully designed our products to be incredibly easy to use: no buttons, dials, or need to pre-heat. Once your meal hits 165 degrees Fahrenheit (the perfect food-safe temperature) it will stay at that temp for 12 hours and your food will taste delicious.
Get ready to make and enjoy delicious meals, it’s so easy! To get you started, here are some quick tips and tricks based on questions we often receive from folks new to our products.
What can I cook in a HOTLOGIC®?
- Yes, you can cook from raw.
- Yes, you can re-heat leftovers. Sealed containers help retain and enhance the flavor of food.
- Yes, you can cook from frozen with delicious results.
- Yes, you can cook all kinds of ready-made fresh and frozen meals.
Typically, you won't need to add liquid to keep items moist (for a chicken breast for instance) but you can use a light application of sauces or marinades for flavor.
As a rule, you would only add liquid to something such as minute rice or something similar and in that case, we recommend that you use the package directions.
What can’t I cook in a HOTLOGIC®?
Yes, there area few limitations to keep in mind:
- Raw rice, pasta, potatoes, and carrots do not cook well in a HOTLOGIC® due to their high starch content. But, the good news is you can use pre-cooked or frozen rice, pasta, potatoes and carrots (and minute rice, too!)
- You can’t bake in a HOTLOGIC®, it doesn’t get hot enough.
- Meats, especially beef, will reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and won’t be seared; if you don’t want it to be cooked to well-done, avoid beef.
What can I use in the Hot Logic?
- Foil and Parchment: pizza and sandwiches should not be placed in a sealed container. Wrap sandwiches in foil and parchment and then place them directly on the heating element. Bread gets hard after too long, so we recommend checking every 15 minutes and rotating sandwiches to heat all sides. Pizza leftovers can be heated by placing them crust-side-down onto foil or parchment for 20-40 minutes for a nice crispy crust.
- Paper: Are you on the go? Did you buy a frozen meal? You can place the entire container in your HOTLOGIC®, you don’t even have to take it out of the box.
- Plastic: Most freezer meals come in a plastic container, and you can heat your food up in those containers. You can also use strong heavy duty re-sealable plastic bags. Plastic meal prep containers are another favorite, because flat-bottomed containers with a lid are best for meals.
- Glass: Glass containers also perform excellently in HOTLOGIC®.
What can’t I use in my HOTLOGIC®?
- Unless re-heating pizza or sandwiches as described above, don’t use containers that don’t have a lid.
There you have it: just a few things to keep in mind!
If you are ready to start shopping for ingredients to use in your HOTLOGIC®, head over to our Get Started Shopping List.